Snow at 8,000 foot….

I was all set to move off this morning (rained overnight, but beautiful and sunny), when I watched the weather forecast on TV.  It all seemed fine (rain and sleet in Denver, but clearing quickly), when the announcer commented – ‘drivers must beware of snow everywhere on passes over 8,000 feet’.  A quick check of my map showed todays destination (Lynx Pass) at just under 9,000 feet (and the campground I’m aiming for is just below that elevation).  So, I’m still in Steamboat!  Looking at the beautiful sunshine outside, it might have been the wrong decision.  But whatever, its nice here and the forecast for the next week is very good.  Its unfortunate that time is ticking away for me – but I’ll postpone any decision until I get to Salida, which is now about 7 days away.  November seems to be coming up very fast….

Advertisements
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s